The biggest shopping time of the year is right around the corner and with an estimated 69% of Americans, that’s 164 million people, planning or considering shopping, retailers are ready for the masses. It’s no doubt some of the deals on this weekend are things that can’t be missed, but when is it too much? In honor of this upcoming shopping extravaganza, or as we like to call it utter madness, we did a round-up of the weirdest Black Friday deals we have seen over the past few years. I mean how can some of these even be real?!?!?!
1. 2-in-1 iPotty with activity seat for iPad: Even though this is still available on Amazon today, back in 2014, this unique parenting hack was reduced to a mere $10. Who knows, if we are lucky enough, maybe they will bring back the vintage pricing this weekend?
2. Uranium Ore: In case a trip out to Athabasca Basin wasn’t planned for the next weekend getaway, back in 2012 Amazon was offering up a Black Friday discount for your very own Uranium Ore! Finally, a way to be able to turn your pet lizard into the next Godzilla. PS. For all you wondering, you can still purchase this today, just make sure to read the reviews prior to placing the order!
3. Free pet: Humane societies across America have been known to offer free cats and dogs on Black Friday if they were black! It’s wonderful these pets found their forever homes, but we are almost more impressed with the shelter for fully committing to the theme.
4. Plastic Surgery: In 2009, Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Simoni hosted a Black Friday Plastic Surgery Deal. Specials included 20% and 50% off on all injectables, plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures, as well as deals on the E Matrix RF Treatment. Hat’s off to Dr. Simoni, that’s one way to attract new clients!
5. Free clothes if you’re naked: Back in 2014 Desigual offered the first 100 customer, who showed up only in their underwear to their San Francisco location, a full outfit to leave the store with. We heard they actually started it earlier than actual Black Friday so people didn’t have to worry about that extra pumpkin pie they ate at dinner the night before!
We can’t wait to see what crazy deals (or stories) happen this year, hopefully our team outing to Dr. Simoni’s office won’t take up the whole day!
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating and happy shopping!